As Product Technologist this is a key role within the team as you will be expected to be at the forefront of leading innovation projects with the customer whilst representing DCK.
- Work collaboratively across the Group, ensuring achievement of KPIs and contribute to creating a positive working environment for all colleagues, inspiring team in a positive and professional manner to work to the best of their abilities.
- Monitor supplier performance through third party reports, against Group Quality Control KPI’s, to ensure legal and ethical compliance.
- Maintain and update the Restricted Substance List (RSL), ensuring all legal changes and directives are actioned to minimise risk and exposure.
- Conduct timely product risk assessments and advise on appropriate testing for both physical and chemical compliance, supporting suppliers to achieve compliant product, fit for sale in the global market.
- Ensure suppliers are prepared for external ethical and technical audits, using the Sedex platform to manage reports and data.
- Manage positive relationships with Host retailers and compliance teams, to include adherence to the “new customer set up process” to ensure the Group’s standards are maintained.
- Manage the customer complaints process through to resolution (for both the customer and client), including escalating to lawyers if appropriate.
- Work cross functionally with the Buying function to advise on product safety and quality, ensuing there is no compromise to Groups standards.
- Work with the Quality Control team to ensure high risk items are checked before being dispatched for sale; escalate issues where stock is faulty and unsuitable for sale.
- Liaise with third party labs and product safety compliance consultants to ensure products sold are compliant and safe for the customer.
- Excellent understanding of current global legislation and relevant market conditions actively stays abreast of changes in retail requirements to ensure company product is always compliant.
- Computer literate, with the ability to fully utilise the relevant IT systems, proficient across all MS Office applications.
- Adaptable and flexible, with solutions that are fully supportive of the changing needs of the business. Able to work cross functionally and deal with issues that require appropriate, technical, ethical and supply chain solutions.
- Extremely well organised, able to work under pressure and cope with significant responsibility. A confident decision maker able to influence others positively.
- Strong, professional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate competently and clearly both written and verbal
This is an urgent need so we are ideally looking for someone who is immediately available for interview and start.