Junior Designer (Fashion Jewellery/Accessories)
DCK is a fast paced, commercial fashion business and we have an exciting opportunity to join our leading design team in our Billericay office. You will be working as part of a friendly design team, designing and delivering tailored commercial products/ranges which target and focus on the customer and satisfy the customer expectation, whilst striving to innovate and influence the fashion market.
With a highly enviable client list, this could be the perfect opportunity to spend more time creating and less time travelling! Swap your long commute with a career with one of the fastest growing fashion businesses in the UK today!
- Work collaboratively across the Group, ensuring achievement of KPIs and contribute to creating a positive working environment for all colleagues, inspiring team in a positive and professional manner to work to the best of their abilities.
- Accountable for the design of collections from concept to end product for a smaller/less complex brands.
- Source and develop products that excite and inspire the customer and gives reasons to shop our ranges.
- Actively monitor trading across the brand and react to sales, making timely decisions and seeking new selling opportunities. Identify gaps in the market and react quickly to emerging trends and ‘must have’ products, ensuring speed to market.
- Build strong customer knowledge. Ensure collections meet the customer profile and brand identity, delivering an appropriate balance of product assortment between high fashion and commerciality.
- Responsible for creating & designing innovative, original designs and concepts, applying techniques, applications and ideas that translate into complete ranges for buyers. Take responsibility for leading first look mood boards and original inspiration themes, through colour, trend, handmade samples and design sheets.
- Ensure design development enables product development within target margins, displaying an understanding of negotiation and adapt design to meet targets where necessary.
- Proactively resolving design specification queries, paying attention to detail. As required appropriately influence buying and merchandising.
- Manage and implement key activities in the ‘critical path’ to ensure design compliance for all products and ranges.
- Undertake competition shops to ensure knowledge of brand positioning and customer profile remain current. Research collate and deliver trend reports and presentations.
- In partnership with buying, Identify, support and grow key suppliers (including the Fareast) through relationship building, product development and negotiation activity. Actively seeking to improve ways of working that ensure healthy and prosperous business relationships.
- Oversee process for sourcing relevant materials to meet design requirements and for identifying suitable supplier for each project.
- Compile all information necessary for trip development and prepare trip packs. Carryout appropriate product development, to ensure product is developed, corrected, amended and costed accordingly.