Design Assistant (Graduate Placement 6-12 months)
- Hand making and generating technical packs.
- Process of designing products, development and production.
- Creation of trends, influences, colour and materials forecasting.
- Organising component library and assisting with maintenance of design room.
- Ensure all work undertaken meets the requirements of the design critical path.
- Assisting where possible with buying and merchandising teams, demonstrating robust knowledge and understanding of the market, trends and customer profile to support the design team build ranges that achieve a buy of greater than 50%.
How a design department works in a commercial fashion jewellery business.
Insight working with multiple high street retailer brands, across a variety of handwriting styles and market levels
Working in a large Design team environment
Gain knowledge of working with Buying and Merchandising departments and an understanding of their roles with a commercial fashion business
- Currently participating in a degree in fashion/jewellery.
- Competent Adobe skills and good working knowledge with Microsoft office suit.
- Creative flare and design skills, preferably with good hand drawing skills.
- Good understanding of the retail market, fashion trends and brand positioning.
- Good organisational and task management skills, with the ability to prioritise.